Welcome to the Keto Diet Plan For Beginners. Today we are going to walk you through some step-by-step tutorials to get you started on the keto diet. After about three weeks of writing my low carb and keto posts, I think it’s time to share a Keto Diet Plan for those of you interested in learning more about this diet. I don’t just want to share diet basics; you need to leave here with a real understanding of how keto works. That’s my job, to make this so simple anyone can do it.
A 1,300-calorie-per-day keto diet is considered low in calories, but sufficient to provide you with adequate nutrients when you’re trying to lose weight. However, for some women, especially those who are young and active, or those with a significant amount of weight to lose, this keto diet may prove a little too low in energy and leave them feeling a weak and deprived. The right amount of calories depends on your age, activity level, hormones, and genetics. How much weight you’ll lose per week using a 1,300-calorie keto diet meal plan depends on how many calories you burn each day, but for many women, it will create the 500- to 1,000-calorie deficit required for a loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week.
Keto Diet Plan For Beginners:
The keto diet meal plan is all about minimizing carbohydrate intake and upping fats. This is to allow your body to enter into the state of ketosis. A shift your body makes to use fat as a form of energy when it doesn’t have enough carbs for your cells to use for energy.
I would love to share your journey on my blog. If you are planning to start this keto diet, please take before pictures, progress pictures, keep a food diary, and keep track of your weight and measurements. Then when you are ready maybe at your halfway point, or once you reach your goal weight, you can send me your results for me to share with others. This 7-day keto diet meal plan will help you choose the right keto foods, keto snacks, and give you keto recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Keto Diet Plan For Beginners: STATS
Know Your Body:
1) The first thing you need to do before starting the plan is to figure out where you are right now.
Weigh and measure yourself. While BMI calculators are not the best means for figuring out your body fat, most of us don’t have the money to have this done professionally.
You need to know these stats:
Weight: It is best to weigh first thing in the morning, fully nude.
Height: Hopefully you know this, but who knows, maybe you’ve grown! 😉
Hips: Stand with your feet about 4 inches apart and measure the widest part of your hips.
Calf: Place your weight on your dominant leg and measure your calf at its widest part – about halfway between your knee and ankle.
Thigh: Stand with your feet about 12 inches apart. Measure your upper thigh at the widest part
Wrist: Measure in the dip between the bony part of your wrist and the start of your hand.
Forearm: Tense your muscle and measure the largest part of your forearm.
Once you have your stats, you can enter them into this BMI calculator to get your BMI. As you can see, I have about 18% body fat.
Keep all of your numbers in a progress journal that you can look back on to stay motivated and track your progress.
2) Now you need to do a little learning before we move any further. Start by learning a bit more about ketosis itself, and the pitfalls you may experience. I love Bodybuilding.com and think that this article on the Keto Diet is perfect for beginners, so go check it out. Unless you are planning to start bodybuilding part, 2 of the post will not apply to you.
Keto Diet Plan For Beginners: Personal Macros
3) Now that you have the information you need about your body’s present condition and info on ketosis, head over to this Keto Calculator Tutorial, and figure out how many grams of Carbohydrates, Fat, and Protein you need each day to lose weight. These numbers are critical so don’t forget to write them down. I keep a piece of paper pinned to my wall so I can easily see them when planning meals.
Keto Diet Plan For Beginners: Goals
4) So, how are you feeling? Are you excited to see the numbers behind what you will be eating? You should be because you are about to discover how you can lose weight, and still, enjoy foods that taste amazing! Head over to this post to set up My Fitness Pal Keto Diet Settings.
5) By now you should know both where you are and where you want to be. Those are the first steps. Now it’s time to start planning your meals. You can use these food lists to help you figure out what kinds of foods you should be eating.
If you start at 25g of net carbs a day, you can slowly increase to 50g as you lose weight. Once you reach your goal, you can increase your carbs as you see how they affect your weight. If you eat fruit for a week and gain weight, cut back. You have to figure out what works best for you. Ketosis can be maintained with as many as 100g of carbs each day.
Keto Diet Plan For Beginners: Food